Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Belfry

Repeating visions in my mind:
Are they dreams?
Or are they deadly premonitions,
A future tearing my reality at the seams.

The blinded sight of the dark belfry:
Hidden by stars and surrounding blackness,
An ominous tower of midnight stone,
Waiting to strike from the darkness.

Bells ring a soundless noise,
Heard only by those who cannot,
Calling them forth,
Answers these wanderers sought.

And so forever they roam,
Hearing what cannot be seen,
The mischievous elusive Tempter
Commanding the night over land unclean.

The hooded torturer inside the belfry
Pulls hard on the chains of the bell
Denying seekers permission to see
Living in a personalized hell

But the man in the cloak,
The evil spirit and belfry master,
Is the aged reflection of my mirror
Turned a deadly jester.

Is this the end of my path?
Is the right-hand safer than the left?
Is this a simple nightmare
Or will my soul become victim to theft?

No comments:

Post a Comment