Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bridge

From the bank in the East
To the Bank in the West,
The great steel menace commands the loves of passers by,
Taking some to merriment and others to rest.

Imposing archways decorate twofold,
Portals for Dante to travel,
Magnificent black doorways to other worlds,
The indestructible sky castle.

In the West lie the natural,
Covered with an array of fantastic colors
That hide the true savage nature,
Dream of Darwin and nightmare of mothers.

In the East lie the synthetic,
Created for the whims of God's creatures,
A paradise masking corruption,
Taken for granted on all trivial ventures.

Between two doorways i stand
The absence of evil counters the absence of good
I must choose a path - East or West?
If I could tell the difference - I would.

Each has their differences but non I could see,
Physically similar - nothing to miss.
Perhaps I take the third option
And plunge into the abyss...

No comments:

Post a Comment